**** During the COVID-19 pandemic, MediEquip feels it is necessary to protect all of our customers to temporarily ammend the return policy. Effective immediately, once an item (other than rentals) leaves our physical store, we will not be able to take a return on the item. Since we can not guarantee safe handling of the item outside of our building, we will not be able to take items back. This is to protect both our future customers and our employees. We appreciate your patience during this difficult time.
MediEquip Return Policy
MediEquip Return Policy It is MediEquip’s goal to provide our customers with the highest quality items and customer service, below outlines our policy on purchased items that you feel cannot meet your needs. The policy is strictly enforced by all MediEquip staff and is subject to management discretion. MediEquip requires the original sales receipt for refunds and exchanges within 7 days of the original purchase date. Refund guidelines are outlined below. Non-Returnable Items-No Exceptions Motorized wheelchairs and scooters are non-returnable; once they have left the premises they are not eligible for return. Any item that was purchased greater than 30 days. Hygiene sensitive items-including but not limited to: Lift Chairs, Cushions, Stockings, Home Care Beds, and Mattress Overlays. Items that have been billed to your insurance on your behalf. Custom made items-including but not limited to: Stair Lifts, Lift Chairs, Stockings, and Automobile Lifts Products that are not in stock and are ordered specifically for the end user. Items not in its’ original packaging and/or items not fit for resale as a new product. Items sold as “As Is”, “Display Items” or “Used Equipment”. Refund/Return Guidelines Items returned that meet MediEquip return policy will be refunded as follows: Cash refunds up to $50.00 will be refunded by MediEquip at the time of return. Cash sales over $50.00 are refunded by check within 7 business days. Credit Card refunds must be applied to the same credit/debit card used to make purchase. Check refunds are mailed within 14 business days. Any return after 7 days but before 30 days, will be issued store credit only. Unclaimed Merchandise Unclaimed merchandise is defined as either: Items purchased either in stock or ordered that the customer has not taken possession of within 30 days. Or non-stock and/or custom items received by MediEquip and not installed or in consumer possession within 30 days. MediEquip will not warehouse any unclaimed merchandise nor issue a refund of any type. Items will be held for 30 days. Items that need to be warehoused longer than 30 days can be done only with written permission of owners of MediEquip. Charges may apply. Internet/Telephone Orders All internet and telephone orders are subject to same guidelines as above. All internet/telephone orders require a consumer signature before orders for items will be placed with manufacturer. 24 Hour Cancellation Policy All non-stock items are given a 24 hour order cancellation window. Therefore, any non-stock item purchase/order will be held for placement with manufacturer until the 2nd business day from the original order with MediEquip. The consumer will have the ability to waive this cancellation window by signing a waiver, however, the order would then fall into the non-refundable, non-returnable status. Service/Delivery/Restock/Misc. Fees Standard Delivery-within 40 mile range for our retail store, 1 person delivery – $60.00 Extended Delivery-outside of 40 mile range from retail store, 1 person delivery-$60.00 plus mileage and additional person charges Additional Delivery Attemps-1 person $50.00, 2-person $100.00 per delivery attempt Service on warranty items is free for 30 days from date of purchase. Service fees within our service area are a $95.00 diagnostic charge. Additional fees for service outside of our service area will apply on both warranty and general service. In store-Service Dept. for all retail locations is at 5845 South Lindbergh. Appointment is required. Hours: 9am-4pm M-F only. If you have any questions about our return policy, please talk to a MediEquip representative.
Service and Delivery Charges
- Within our service area, service on warranty items is free for 30 days, after which there is a $125.00 per trip charge. For a complete description of service policies, see our Service page.
- Lift chairs have a $60 fee for delivery within our service area.
- A $40.00 service charge will be added for each additional delivery attempt; $60.00 for 2-man delivery.
- A $25.00 service charge applies to all returned checks.
- All self-pay deliveries not accompanied with insurance will have an $12.00 delivery fee.
If you have any questions about service or delivery charges, please talk to a MediEquip representative.
MediEquip offers rentals on select equipment. Please click here for rental equipment, policy and rates.
Any information collected from you specifically by MediEquip or its employees or agents will be kept strictly confidential and used solely for the purposes of providing you with the best products at MediEquip. We will never share any of your information with any other companies or individuals, except as required by any applicable law. Please note, however, MediEquip is not responsible for any information gathered by any 3rd party at any site that links to us or at any site we offer as a link. If you have any further questions regarding this policy, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
MediEquip Medical Information Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY. We may use and disclose Protected Health Information (PHI) about you in order to carry out your treatment, to obtain payment for services rendered to you and to carry out the operations of MediEquip. Examples of how we may use and disclose information about you for providing treatment, obtaining payment and operating are: Examples of uses and disclosures for treatment
- We will use your PHI to provide medical equipment or devices.
- We will disclose your PHI as necessary to the physician who referred you to us.
Examples of uses and disclosures to obtain payment
- We may submit a claim form to your insurance company containing your name, address, social security number, diagnoses and the medical equipment or devices provided to you.
Examples of uses and disclosures to carry out the operations of the practice
- MediEquip may audit (read and comment upon) your chart in order to track and improve our performance in making sure that the appropriate equipment was provided.
- MediEquip’s staff may mail you reminders of upcoming health seminars.
We may contact you to provide appointment reminders, information about treatment alternatives or other health related benefits and services that may be of interest to you. MediEquip may use or disclose PHI about you for other purposes, without your consent, if we are required by law to disclose to government authorities. Such use or disclosure may include: For uses and disclosures required by law
- For certain public health activities (such as the reporting of disease)
- To a government authority authorized to receive reports of abuse, neglect or domestic violence
- To a health oversight agency for oversight activities authorized by law (audits, licensure, inspections, etc.)
- For certain judicial and admininistrative proceedings (for example in response to a court order, or to a subpoena, or discovery request)
- For certain law enforcement purposes (such as grand jury subpoena, request by law official during an investigation)
- In the provision of care to inmates
- To victims of a crime
- For specialized government functions (such as military missions or lawful intelligence, counterintelligence, or national security activities)
- To comply with worker’s compensation laws
- For identification and location purposes (example – location of patients’ room in a hospital
- To a coroner, medical examiner, or funeral director, to assist the recipient in performing his or her legal duties
- To an organ procurement organization in order to facilitate donation or transplantation
- To prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health and safety of an individual or the public
- Fundraising (can only use the patient’s demographic data and dates of health care)
You have rights regarding your protected health information. You may:
- Request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of PHI, but we are not required to agree to a requested restriction,
- Request that you receive confidential communications of PHI,
- Request to inspect and copy your own PHI,
- Request that your information be amended,
- Request an accounting of disclosures of PHI made by the facility in the past six years,
- Request a paper copy of this notice.
MediEquip is required by law to maintain the privacy of PHI and to provide individuals with notice of its legal duties and privacy practices with respect to protected health information. MediEquip is required to abide by the terms of this notices and to provide individuals with revisions to the notice. You may complain to MediEquip or to the Secretary of Health and Human Services if you believe that your privacy rights have been violated. File a complaint with MediEquip in writing with the Privacy/Contact Officer. We have the right to revise this notice when there are material changes to the uses or disclosures, your rights, our legal rights or other privacy practices stated in this notice. The revision will be effective for all PHI we retain and the revised notice will be posted at MediEquip locations and available on our web site.