Residential Vertical Platform Lift
A residential vertical platform lift helps provide space efficient access to a raised deck, porch, or even floor to floor access for your home. The most common application of a vertical platform lift is replacing or augmenting multiple steps in a garage where space is limited and a ramp takes up too much space A vertical platform lift can accommodate any wheelchair, power wheelchair or scooter up to 14’. Each lift is configured specifically to the site so that the tower and door swing in the direction that matches the requirements of the space. A porch lift has a continuous charged DC battery-powered motor for lifts over 10’ ensuring operation even with a power outage.
MediEquip has a vertical platform lift on display at both stores. We highly suggest before purchase, that a MediEquip representative come out to your home and preview your site. Porch lifts generally are shipped from Bruno in 5-7 business days.
- 750 lb lifting capacity
- 36×48 non-skid platform
- Automatic Folding Ramp
- Weather-resistant, powder coated finish
- All-weather protected controls and switches
- Bottom platform safety panel
- Unit shuts down when obstruction is touched under platform (safety sensors)
Pre-install Setup and Requirements
- Vertical Platform Lifts must be set up on a level cement covered area. While MediEquip does not pour concrete, we have the names of independent contractors that we have worked with in the past.
- Minimum space needed is usually 4’x7’
- Modifications are often required for the porch or door opening
- A new electric line, possibly with a dedicated outlet may have to be set up.
- Top landing gate includes call/send controls with key and mechanical interlock or an integrated flush mounted door
- A colder weather package tested to work in temperatures to -20 degrees F
- Various platform sizes
- 90 degree exit options
- Full enclosure packages
- Push button or paddle controls
- Platform Gate recommended for all unenclosed applications